Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who We'd Be Today

I haven’t shared with many people the fact that Rebecca was pregnant when she died. She was very early in the pregnancy (less than 6 weeks). In fact she hadn’t even gone to the OBGYN yet. After Rebecca passed away I didn’t really give it much thought. I was simply so overcome with grief and the loss of Rebecca that losing a barely developed embryo didn’t seem to bother me. However it was after the year mark that I heard this song by Kenny Chesney that the loss of that child really hit me. I started to think about how Becca was just a month into the school psychology program at Fresno Pacific when she passed. Had she lived we would have had another baby. She would be close to finishing her program. The whole thing made me wonder who we’d be today and how differently our lives would be.

1 comment:

  1. Jared, Loved every post, so honest! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete